DATA is built on a few guiding principles. Establishing itself in the space, we’re bound to make a splash.
Speaks with a unified, credible voice to media, consumers, and the state, federal, and international policymaking community about the benefits of the industry;
Is recognized by policymakers and the industry as the body setting best practices for the industry; and
Provides certainty for industry actors by positively influencing forthcoming laws and regulatory rule makings, guidance, and interpretations.
- Engage with policymakers at the state, federal, and through partnerships at the international levels;
- Act as a distributed but united voice to promote a regulatory climate that strikes the balance between innovation and consumer protection;
- Brief and support policymakers, the media and other stakeholders about distributed ledger technology, digital assets, and blockchain technology;
- Develop first-hand data, statistics, and materials that shape legislation;
- Provide a monitoring, lobbying, grassroots, and resource body covering all 50 states as well as Puerto Rico, US Virgin Islands and Guam
- Self-regulate the industry by setting best practices and rooting out bad actors to preempt policymakers from doing so more heavy-handedly;
- Provide global and international regulatory support and identify stakeholders and partners;
- Train members of the industry to speak to external stakeholders with a single consistent voice